Global and local environmental issues are important to us. We actively endeavour to minimise our effects and that of the removals industry upon the environment.
Within our environmental policy, therefore, we take all necessary measures to comply with environmental legislation.
We actively promote the following initiatives within the company:
- We identify environmental impacts of the company and implement procedures to minimise the effects.
- Through information and training, we encourage and develop our employees to implement environmentally friendly measures, both personally and for the company.
- We promote re-cycling and re-using of our packing materials and where environmentally responsible, we offer a collection service for our customers for used boxes and packing materials.
- We encourage customers to dispose of unwanted and excess household/commercial furniture and household effects by recycling or donation appropriate organisations.
- Satellite Navigation is used by our drivers to travel to and from removal jobs as efficiently as possible therefore reducing air/noise pollution.
- Wherever possible we try to backload vehicles on the return journey.
- Vehicles are modern and well maintained for maximum fuel efficiency and minimum emissions.
- We only dispose of unusable waste in a safe manner that minimises landfill and environmental impact.
- We are endeavouring to use e-communications wherever possible to reduce unnecessary paper use and re-cycle or re-use waste paper and office waste as much as possible.
- We turn off our computers at night and actively monitor energy consumption at our premises.
In promoting the above measures we are actively trying to reduce our Carbon Footprint and we actively encourage our suppliers to do the same.
Please use the following links to enable you to dispose of unwanted goods or waste prior to the removal if you have to
One For The Kids!